Sunday, October 14, 2012

German Apple Cake at Rockledge Cottage


It was a very nice fall weekend at Rockledge Cottage.  We were invited to a Birthday party on Friday night but Marc came home sneezing and congested and just not feeling well. It was too bad but we had to stay at home and rest.  On Saturday we did go out for a little drive....
The leaves have changed colour on the trees and many apple trees are still full of apples but
they are really picking apples around the cottage. 

They have wooden crates and these nice plastic crates. 
The fruit bowl had fresh apples and on Saturday Marc was well enough to help make a German Apple Cake Recipe Here.
We dusted it with powdered sugar....

and had a delicious bite for dessert.  Yummy.  A cold glass of apple cider would have been delicious with the apple cake.  Next time we will try the recipe with 1/2 cup of applesauce replacing 1/2 the vegetable oil in the cake and we'll add some nuts. 

This is one of the things I DO like about Fall.  Hope you had a good weekend... Judi xoxo

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh Judi, those apples look so yummy and that cake? WOW, I want a piece:) Enjoy your week dear friend, hope your Marc feels better! BIG HUGS!

Julie said...

What a neat sight! Apple trees! None of those here, for sure! Your apple cake looks so moist!!! Hope Mark is feeling perfect by now. :)
Love Julie

SmilingSally said...

Oh yes, the applesauce would make it even better!

How I wish that you could send me a slice.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi! Oh, I love apples and your cake looks wonderful! Wish I had a piece. You are the best cook.
Thanks for popping in to see me and I'm so glad you're having such nice weather.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...