Monday, January 24, 2011

Crochet Dolly and What Will Her Name Be....

I finished my big project this weekend. Yes I finished the final details of the Labour of Love quilt I made for Geoff and Kiley for Christmas. I will share the pictures with you later in the week.

I decided to take a little crochet break to crochet a little doll for Madeline. I didn't think of taking pictures until she was at this stage....

then she looked like this with her colourful hair...


Her big dark eyes....

a bow in her hair....

and she is complete. She has a cute little nose but she doesn't have a mouth....she has a totally happy expression without one..it just means she is always happy... :o)
I'm going to give her to Madeline when she comes over later this week.. I just can't think of what her name should be. Can you? Can you think of a cute little name for her?
If you are interested in crocheting a little dolly the inspiration came from HooksandEyes
Have a sweet day... Judi xoxo

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Only one name comes to mind for that sweet little dolly... PRECIOUS:) Love it! Enjoy your evening dear Judi! HUGS!

Julie said...

LOL...I was thinking along the same lines as Thesesa above! I wanted to say a name like Sugar Baby, Dolly, or Sweetie Pie. She sure is adorable. I like that no mouth look...just adorable!!! Her hair is neat...I will have to check out the website you gave to see how you did it.
xoxo- Julie

Anonymous said...

Judi: Love the doll. How about "Serendipity"--the delight of receiving a valuable and agreeable gift not sought for? That describes you, Madeline and the doll. Love from the lakeside, Georgia

Judi said...

Great name suggestions..and I love the idea you gave Marilyn. That is too cute!
Thank you... :o)
Judi

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! That little crocheted doll is precious! I know she'll love it!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...