Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sausage Pillow Cases - My First

Finally I made my first one....
a pillowcase!

I've seen Libby and others online making wonderful pillowcases. Some with sweet fabrics and others with embroidery.
At the quilting store I go there were young girls taking a class to learn to make these sausage pillowcases. It took me a while to figure out the instructions and I thought maybe I should have been in on those classes but once I GOT it I realized how simple it is. These are the instructions I used in the end and pictures aren't necessary.

Tomorrow I'll make the 2nd one. I have a pair of white sheets and I'm going to add a topper to the top sheet using these 2 pillow fabrics to make it a set. I can tell I have a new addiction...but I also have new idea for Christmas gifts.
Have you made YOUR first pillowcase yet? If you did...bet it won't be your last! Judi xoxo

8 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh how pretty! After the holidays, I'm going to learn how to make one! Great job!!!

Libby said...

BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the fabric that you used! Pretty, pink and flowers!!You did a wonderful job...and now you are hooked too!

Theresa said...

GORGEOUS! I love pillow cases! I just found some that I had bought at an estate sale a long time ago. Washed them and will be ironing them this morning. I may just have to drag out the old sewing machine for this project:) Thanks for sharing! HUGS!

Marilyn said...

Yours is so pretty. I can't do a thing like that. I can't understand the instructions and I can't sew very well. Wish I could. I have no clue what a pioneer point is either. HA Have a great weekend.

Julie said...

That is some gorgeous fabric!!! I have made regular pillow cases with wild patteren fabric, but never anything but rectangular or square...can't wait to see yours completed! I think it really can become an addiction!!! Have fun!!!

♥ Kathy said...

That looks great Judi! Way to go!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I've never made pillowcases, however seeing that cheery pattern you chose reminds me of ones that I had as a little girl in the sixties :-)

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Good morning Judi,
I have been busy with life lately and have not had time to read blogs. I am so so sorry to hear about poor little Roanin. May he rest in Puppy Heaven peacefully. I know how hard it is to lose a loved pet.
Your pillowcase is fabulous!!! Good for you for figuring out the pattern.
I still need to read more of your blog to catch up!!!
Take care, sweetie. Drop into my blog when you can.
Love and warm hugs, Laura