Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce - Squash Spaghetti - YUM!



Happy PINK Saturday! Today I'm joining in on Beverly from HowSweetTheSound as she hosts all the PINKness for this day. Be sure to visit her for more PINKs...

Do you cook Spaghetti Squash? in place of pasta? I love it but don't make it often enough.

This week I prepared an easy peesy spaghetti for dinner. I opened up a couple of jars of my favourite spaghetti sauces. One has spinach in it and the other has cheese and portichini mushrooms. I made meatballs mixing in parmesan cheese, egg, bread crumbs, bit of milk and some spices, rolled them into little meatballs and browned them as normal. They cooked in that delicious sauce for about 1/2 hour.



Meanwhile I sliced the spaghetti squash lengthwise, removed the seeds and microwaved the halves until soft and cooked.


NOW comes the first of the PINK... in my dinner plate. I have 3 sizes of them and they are made in Italy....purchased "thriftstyle" years ago.




Now 0nce the meatballs and spaghetti sauce have mellowed together..*s*... and the squash is cooked...use a fork and scrape it down lightly lengthwise and you'll have squash spaghetti from the spaghetti squash!


Sscoop yummy sauce and meatballs into your squash spaghetti bowl and enjoy. It truly is VERY yummy...mmmmmm... One 1/2 is a good size per person. More PINK on the rim of the plate.



Do you eat spaghetti squash this way? Another way?

Hope you have something especially yummy for PINK Saturday dinner.. Judi xoxo

11 comments:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

you're making me hungry!
great PS post at FHC today when you have a minute for tea :)

SmilingSally said...

I worked for Weight Watchers (many pounds ago!) and that recipe is called, "Weight Watchers Spaghetti."

Theresa said...

Well Judi, I have to say that I have never tried the spaghetti squash! It looks so yummy and healthy! Thanks for the recipe!

Have a blessed Saturday my friend! HUGS!

bj said...

Oh, this sounds delicious and something we both would love.
Can't wait to try it. Thanks so much.
xo bj

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi! Oh, this looks so good and sounds great and would be so healthy!! My tiny mouth is watering.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sara said...

THat sounds yummy. I have never cooked spaghettie squash. I never know what to do with squashes or how to prepare them but I am going to have to give them a try. Hugs Sara

viridian said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Judi, I've never eaten Spaghetti Squash. I'll have to try this. Love your serving dish. laurie

Elaine said...

I had forgotten about this type of squash.. I have to go buy one and have it your way.. Looks delicious. I love the pink serving dish...

Donnie said...

I'm a day late but really enjoyed all your pink dinnerware. that spaghetti squash looked yummy. Happy Pink Saturday.

Beverly said...

Judi, this looks delicious - and I'm hungry. I've never cooked this squash, but I have always intended to give it a try.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...