Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Special Time with Friends...


On Saturday my girlfriend and her hubby came to the cottage and stayed overnight for the weekend. She and I have "hung" out and shared so much together since we were 15. We went to the same school, double dated....switched dates...*lol*...she and her hubby are godparents to Geoff, my eldest son and I am the godmother of her oldest daughter. We stood up for each other when we were married.



Marc and I served up our Breakfast Link casserole for them when they first arrived for brunch in our brand new Paula Deen casserole dish...

we set the table overlooking a perfect sunny day....





After breakfast we took them for a drive around the area stopping here and there which included a couple of wonderful markets where we picked up fruits and veggies for our dinner and dessert.


As an appetizer before dinner we had a plate of prociutto, tomatoes, slices of soft mozarella cheese, and basil from the garden. Over it we sprinkled some herb infused olive oil that Marc made last weekend. It was sooo delicious.

Marc is telling me something funny about the olive oil container he's holding up I think.....
Isn't it wonderful to have such special friends....Judi xoxo

9 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh Judi, I LOVE that table with the view! Beautiful... my friend! Just gorgeous!

I love having old friends that you can enjoy doing things with or doing nothing with:) Thanks for sharing your friends with us!

Have a blessed day! HUGS!

Julie said...

Beautiful salad!!! I just adore this combination!!! It is wonderful to have such good friends...nothing like it!!!
Glad you guys had such a great time!!! Lovely view from your table there at the cottage!!!

Darlene said...

What a special time to spend with your friends. YUM your food looks delicious and the table looking over the ocean is gorgeous.♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi! How nice to still be in contact with your friend of so many years! Sounds like you all had a nice time. Your table looks wonderful and your view is superb!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

mo said...

How wonderful to have a friendship to last through the years like that. Looks like you had a great time. The ocean view is fantastic. *hugs*

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Hi Judi,
WOW!!!! Will you feed me,too?!!
(It's almost supper time and I am a bit hungry!) Your salad and everything looks soo tasty! I love the garden bounty of summer!
Yes, I do know the Skootamatta. It is a twisty old river. I know of one section where there are otters!!!
I love your "ocean" view!!!
Hugs, Laura

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Judi,
Aw, you can't go past a best friend*
Lovely view to sit and have a meal or two or three. lol
Hugs,
Anna

Pam Kessler said...

What a great meal. It is good to have long time friends. I still keep in close touch with a girl I met on the fist day of 1st grade.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed your post on canning the green beans also!

Becky K. said...

What an amazing view. I think you must just sit there and adore that beauty!

Becky K.

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...