Sunday, July 11, 2010

Centre Island Birthdays

Last Tuesday I went to Centre Island in Toronto to celebrate Austin and Madeline's birthdays. For one week they are the same age then Madeline turns a year older.
Madeline and I met Geoff (my eldest son) Kiley and Austin at 10:00 a.m. and was quite a trek from there. We took a subway, streetcar and then a ferry to the island. It was a hot day in the upper 80s but the breeze was lovely on the island. From the ferry you can see part of the Toronto skyline. You can see the tall CN Tower and the white to the left is the Skydome where the sports and music events are held.

A closer look of the CN Tower.

The island wasn't very busy for some reason. We had a day pass and the kids rode the rides over and over without having to wait in lineups.


Here is a Carousel we rode. It is an old original carousel I quickly grabbed my favourite...the bunny.


It is an antique original and here is its story.

There were water rides...



Here are Austin and Madeline getting ready for a "spin".


Austin found a butterfly and Madeline is having a closeup look...

Its a wonderful spot for picnicing and walking around to see the boats. When Geoff and Richard were small this was a favourite place to spend the day.






A wonderful way to end this first vacation week and celebrate 2 special birthdays.... Judi xoxo (you know we had a full day from 10:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.

getting to and from Centre Island)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi and a belated happy birthday to the little ones! Oh, it looks like a wonderful day! You look so cute riding on that rabbit! I love old carousels and this looks like a beauty. Continue to have fun.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Gerry's Soap N Stuff said...

What a fun day for the birthday kids. I don't know what I would have liked better, the ferry ride or the island park rides. Gerry

Hazel said...

Thats the perfect place ,I remember taking my kids there when they were young .

Julie said...

Oh, my, that was a full day! How fun! I like your choice of the bunny!!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday to the girls!!!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

It looks like you had a great time--as did the kids. So glad you all got to have fun together :-)

Lorrie said...

Hi Judi--Centre Island looks delightful. I think that the bunny on the carousel would be my favorite too! How nice that there were no lines for the rides too. I hope the rest of your vacation is just as much fun.

Purnima@a creative project said...

Happy Birthday Judi!! You had a lovely fun day!!

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...