Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dyllan's Little Critters Quilt



Happy PINK Saturday and welcome to my blog. When you are finished please be sure to visit our hostess Beverly at HowSweetTheSound for more PINK participants.

On BLUE Monday I showed you this quilt I was making for my new grand niece Dyllan. Since then I've added the back fabric, quilted it and sewed the binding. It is very colourful and now you can see the PINK also. I wanted to show it to you again on PINK Saturday.
I made it with fabrics I had left over from various projects which were perfect for this special quilt. I was so happy to find a very complementary fabric for the back. It incorporated the many different colours I used in the front. I love the look and hopefully Dyllan will be entertained with it also as well as

be snuggly on it or wrapped cozy in it. Aren't the little critters on it cute?


Happy PINK Saturday! Judi xoxo

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love quilts! There is just something about them. If I had more room...I would have more quilts.

Here from Pink Saturday.

Theresa said...

Goodness mercy, Judi! That quilt is gorgeous! I love all of the bright colors. Great job, my friend! Have a blessed Saturday!

Julie said...

This is just beautiful, Judi! I love how you used fabrics you already had, and the lace details....you found the perfect backing!!! So cute! OMG!!!

♥ Kathy said...

That turned out so pretty Judi! I love it!

Gwendolen Elaine said...

So adorable!You are a very creative great aunt:)

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Wonderful quilt and I must say, your cat is amazing. Beautiful. Happy P.S. and first day of Spring! We are having a giveaway. Please come for a visit.

Maggie said...

I love to quilt, too! I love seeing other to get ideas and this pattern would be perfect for my soon to be born nephew (different colours of course!)! love it!

Sorry for my late visit but glad I could get here and enjoy PS!

Happy PINKS!

In shoes we trust,
Maggie Mae
"Do these shoes match this purse?"

PS- the cupcakes in the previous post look to die for! yum!

Sherry from Alabama said...

What great work! You are so talented and a lucky little one will be so cozy because of you.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Darlene said...

Hi Judi,

I LOVE your beautiful quilt for Dyllan. So gorgeous and made with so much love.

We made it back safely but brought the snow with us!!!!!....lol

Martha said...

What a great quilt! It is so cute!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Judi,
I'm a bit late for Pink Saturday, but want to commend you on the lovely job you did of this sweet quilt! Love the little critters! Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...