Monday, September 7, 2009

BLUE Monday...Cruising Lake Ontario



We're on Lake Ontario today for BLUE Monday. Thank you to Sally at SmilingSally for hosting this gathering. Be sure to click and visit all the other BLUE participants today.



Our friends took us out for a ride on their boat on the weekend. We drove golf carts to the marina where the boat is kept. The guys on their theirs and us girls on ours. I'm sitting in the middle here...safe...











This is their 24" boat. We brought nibblies and cold drinks with us. It was a beautiful, sunny, warm day to be out on the lake.









We cruised along the creek to get to the big water and passed all kinds of lovely boats and marinas and cottages. I am mainly showing you pictures of the BLUEness in boats and skies and water. Another day I'll show you the zig zaggy stairs people have built to get right down to the water.



I always love to read the names these boats are christened with....








You can just see the sails of this boat behind the rocky pier coming out from the creek.

After we cruised out a bit we passed our cottage. It is the yellow one 2nd from the right.










The one with the 2 flags on the right is the home of one of the couples who were with us. Their place is very lovely. They have a side yard with deck so perfect for entertaining. You can't see the whole jest of the place from this picture though.

































See the nice BLUE homes. Aren't they lovely? This is another nice area to live in along the creek....


























Nice blue boats here....and there...











































It was a great day. I wish I'd had my bathing suit with me. The other ladies wore theirs under their clothes and did jump in....the water was quite refreshing....













I hope you've enjoyed our cruise on Lake Ontario and the lovely blue boats...blue skies and blue water.... Hopefully your long weekend was a special one. Judi xoxo

9 comments:

Julie said...

It looked like an absolutely glorius blue day, Judi!!! It has been a gorgeous holiday weekend, hasn't it???
xoxo- Julie

SmilingSally said...

This is the life! I love your blues today. Happy Labor Day! Happy Blue Monday.

Lorrie said...

This is a perfect "blue" post Judi. A day out in a boat at a lake is always so much fun. I'm glad you got to have a good time with your friends.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Judi
Thank you. I enjoyed this blue post so much. It was like going on a little trip to Lake Ontario. Your cottage is lovely and the other lakeside homes were lovely too. The boat trip look great fun. Glad you were able to enjoy it with your friends.
Lindsay
x

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That looks like a day of fun! Such pretty blues - the water, the houses, and the boats. (I always love to see the names on boats too - people are so creative with their boat names.) laurie

Darlene said...

What a wonderful cruise along Lake Ontario. It looks like the PERFECT day for it. We have a lake close by but it is WAY too crowded on a holiday weekend.

Leena said...

Greetings from Finland, Judi!
So long time I visited your blog, but everything seems to be well in your life.
What about your mother, is she doing well too, hopefully she is.
My summer was again very busy with visitors and now I start to visit children`s families enjoying grandchildren and sometimes also helping young families.
I wish all the best for you and yours!

Dawn said...

What a beautiful outing that must have been. I love all of your pictures. I can imagine spending time at a place like that.

take care,
Dawn

Robin Beck said...

What a perfect day! Looks like you guys had a fun time!

I loved all the photos~Some of them look like they were taken at Cape Cod. Lake Ontario is beautiful!
Thanks for stopping in and saying "hi" on my blog!

Robin~♥

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...