Thursday, April 23, 2009

Things That Make You Go "hmmmmm"....

Do you call it a coincidence? ... or is it something else? Do you think of someone and the next minute that person calls you? ... or you think of something ... and it happens? I do. Sometimes I'm almost not even surprised. I think you have to be aware and be in the "now" because thats when it seems to happen more frequently.

This isn't quite like that but it has to do with a dream I had some time ago about one of the ladies at work who was on maternity leave, waiting to have her first baby. This is the blanket I made for her little one actually.

Anyway, Jina was 2 days late when she called me at work to say she was in labour and was going to the hospital. She called later than day to say she had been told it wasn't time and not to go to the hospital but she would keep in touch.

Two days later I had a dream and told my colleages about it. In the dream I had walked into our office and Jina was standing in front of the cubicle by her desk. There was a ledge in front of her desk and there was a baby in an infant seat on it. Another woman stood beside the baby and I gathered it must have been her mother.
In the dream Jina told me she had had the baby actually the night before. I remarked “why didn’t you call last night and tell me”???? She just put her hands in front of her tummy and slowly bent over. I looked at the baby and asked if the baby was a girl because there was no mistaking of that because she clearly looked like a girl. I don’t recall what she answered.

That afternoon Jina did call me at work. She told me she was blessed with a baby boy. She said she had had the baby the previous afternoon but couldn’t call because she had had a c-section and had been tired and sore. After giving more particulars she told me that everyone thought he was a little girl. Even when he was wrapped in his blue blanket they had this reaction from people.

As she told me all of this it felt like my dream. The baby had been born the day before as in my dream, and when she told me she couldn't call because she'd had the C-section and was sore it made me think of her gesture in the dream of explaining this to me and holding her tummy and slowly bending over. It all seemed like my dream and I was pretty close except I got the sex of the baby wrong. Later as I thought of it I realized I wasn’t wrong after all. I had said the baby looked just like a little girl…Jina told me everyone at the hospital said that her baby looked just like a little girl…

Do you often have "coincidences" happen? .....

Have a lovely day... Judi xoxo

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

Isn't that awesome? That has happened to me too.I do not think it is a coincident at all.It is something else :) It happens to me when I have a strong connection with someone.
More frequently,I experience deja vu,it happened just yesterday at work. A customer started talking to me and it dawned on me..I know this conversation,I had dreamed it.My thoughts anyway.Thanks for sharing your experience.
Cyndi

Faye said...

JUDI,THIS IS BEAUTIFUL.THANK-U FOR SHARING.HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND! FAYE

SmilingSally said...

I think this happens to all of us. Our brains keep working as we sleep.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sometimes, but that one is amazing.

XO,

Sheila

Neabear said...

That is so interesting! I think I have experienced something similar before, but can't recall it at the moment. Still catching up here.

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...