Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Blue Monday...Momma said "SQUAAAAAAK!"

Happy Blue Monday to everyone.  I am linking with SmilingSally today.  Be sure to follow my link to visit the other Blue Monday participants...when you are done here... *s*..

It was a beauuuutiful weekend at the cottage.  It was HOT and humidity hit now and again but so did a nice breeze...now and again.   It was relaxing his weekend.  We barely cooked for one which is unusual. 

We ordered pizza and wings one night, grabbed a burger one afternoon and were invited out for dinner with friends Saturday.  It was a fun evening.  We DID have brekky at home Sunday morning and then it was time to leave.

I wanted to share the story on our window box.  We have a pretty little window box outside the shop. 
Nothing was different with it after our July 1st and 4th celebrations last weekend.  On Friday when I went to water it.....can you see what's in there?
The pictures are taken at a distance so they are not clear.....
Well I went inside to tell Marc and said I was going to get an up close picture.
Just as I was getting ready for the big "aim".... from behind me came this loud "SQUUAAAAK!" and this is the picture I snapped!!!!  I was so startled.

I told Marc "he" had better take the picture....
This is what was in the flower bed...2 pretty BLUE robin's eggs uncovered for a moment because momma was getting her dinner...

or rather....SHE was behind us up there watching..... *s*....

I recovered....and I hope the flowers will survive because we really can't water them now....for a while...

Momma sits there so proudly in her nest, hiding behind the greenery with only her tail sticking out from behind it...and a little red "vest" showing.  Do you have birds in your garden flowers?

I hope you had a wonderful weekend....one week before I start 3 weeks vacation...yay...
Judi xoxo

11 comments:

Theresa said...

What a sweet little nest and beautiful blue eggs:) I bet the flowers will be just fine! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Nancy McCarroll said...

How fun to have the nest right there so you can see it!! I am expecting more pictures of the baby birds when they hatch. So fun to see nature at its best.

SmilingSally said...

Delightful! Thanks for sharing these beautiful robin blue eggs.

Happy Blue Monday, Judi.

joanne said...

nothing like the blue of robin's eggs.....nice pics...have a happy monday..

Leah H. said...

I have not seen Blue eggs, so cool!

Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by..

http://www.harpsterschronicle.com/2012/07/beach-ball.html

Georgia said...

Judi: What is our neighborhood coming to? We had robins in the gutters....should I call them the Penthouse robins and yours the studio apartment robins? What a delightful picture. We will keep an eye on the nest and step quietly.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

I love the color of robin eggs. I visited your shop and love the fish! I live on a lake and they would be so fun to serve. Blessings, Debbie

Jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

Hi Judi,We are finally home for keeps for the rest of the summer. I am so glad to be home again. I have missed my friends so much. It is unbelievable how much my blogging friends mean to me. Blogging and FB has opened a new world to me and no matter how often I have to slow down on visiting, I will always be back.

I'm so glad you had fun at your cottage. it sounds delightful. We have had nests in our hanging flowers a few times and you can't water for sure. I think the eggs are so pretty in blue. I wonder if they are robins eggs.

Happy Blue Monday.
Hugs, Jeanne

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment :) HBM!! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Ana said...

Oh Judi,
What a sweet post. Unfortunately most of the birds around here are big scary crows which end up scaring most little birdies away but once in a while I can spot a sweet little humming bird or two. Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by for a visit. Hope you come again soon. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Judi, I loved seeing your pictures. I hope you get some of the chicks when they hatch. We had robins nesting in a box attached to our kitchen wall this year. They are such dear little birds and they worked so hard feeding all those babies. A friend told me that robins in England are a lot smaller than yours. You must be so excited for your holiday. Have fun.
Lindsay
x

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...