Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Blue Monday - Blue for Marc's Birthday


Happy Blue Monday to everyone.  Today I'm joining SmilingSally for Monday BLUES.  Be sure to click on the link to visit the other participants.

On Saturday, June 30th we celebrated Marc's birthday and of course we were at Rockledge cottage.

For his birthday breakfast I made crepes with blueberries and whipped cream along with sausages.  It was a lovely morning and the birds sang Happy Birthday with me.

I commissioned my younger son Richard to make him a lazy susan for the deck table.  Even with the hole it can be used indoors.
fits the table perfect...
Didn't he do a great job?  It is 20" diameter.
 
Now our condiments are only an arm's turn away.

With a new shirt and lantern for the deck.

In the evening Janet and Ryan, little ones and our friends Mickey and Molly came over for dinner.

I baked a cake with 3 colours of icing of which 2 of them were BLUE...
and also little French Macaroons.  It was the first time I'm made them...see the BLUE ones..
Marc and the little ones blew out the candles on the BLUE cake I had baked.
It was a humid day and my hair shows it for sure.

Mickey and Molly ride their golf cart over and took the kids out for a drive.  Jack helped drive.

Janet and Ryan.....

I know it was a fun day for Birthday Marc....because the rest of us had fun for sure.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Marc had a great birthday! Love all the food you prepared for him. What a pretty cake and the macaroons are gorgeous! I love the lazy susan your son made for him. He's quite crafty! You look as cute as a button, humidity or not! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

SmilingSally said...

I'll bet Marc loved his cake, his cookies, AND that super duper idea: the lazy susan--with his name on it, no less! What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Judi.

Kim, USA said...

So beautiful to enjoy a special day with family. Looks like you all had fun. Happy Birthday to Marc. ^_^


Kim,USA

Theresa said...

I know Marc had a Happy Birthday, I can see it in his smile:) Love the blue cake, did you save me a piece? I LOVE the lazy susan! We have three tables by our pool and that would really come in handy! Have a blessed evening dear friend, tell Marc Happy Birthday from me and MY Marc:) HUGS!

Julie said...

OMG! How fun! Happy Birthday to Marc!!! He is one lucky man! You have him spoiled to the hilt (a wonderful thing)!!! Loved your cake and cookies! Very colorful and fun!
The lazy susan is so awesome!!! WOW! What a great celebration, Judi!

Jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

Hi Judy, I love your post about Marc's birthday party. The lazy susan is brilliant. A great handmade gift. Happy belated birthday Marc. I loved the photos you shared. You have a wonderful loving family and it made me smile to see all the fun you had that day.

Happy belated Canada Day. We are having a quiet 4th this year. Our choice. We have been sooooo busy that I just want to kick back and relax. The day has started out great. I am enjoying time to visit my blogging friends and Bill just brought me my coffee. Life is good!

Hugs, Jeanne

PS, I have tried to get to your blog a couple of times and your link brought up a popup totally unrelated. I finally clicked on your blog on my list of faves. Weird.
xo

Pie said...

Wonderful pics!

I played too. Mine are here and here.

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...