Monday, March 19, 2012

Cookie Bouquets - A New Found Pleasure...

I have been having fun decorating sugar type cookies.  Last weekend we took a lovely 2-1/2 hr. drive to visit Marc's mom.  She is 97 years old and such a sweetheart.  We visited family and stayed with friends so I made cookie bouquets. 

I baked and decorated the cookies...........


I've got the jest on what thickeness the royal icing must be so that it can flood the cookie... 
and still be able to draw and write on each one....
I was practising the wavy technique of dragging different colours together.  I like the effect.
I bought little painted flower pots from the Dollar Store. 
 I put in a flower sponge.
and wrapped green tissue around it loosely and potted  6 cookies in each pot...
 I stopped along the way and gave the one above to my girlfriend for her birthday...
I am REALLY having a good time with this new found pleasure...
Lots of practice is making sense for sure and my next batch will be for Easter.  Judi xoxo

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Beautiful;). I know your friend loved them:). Yummy. Have a blessed evening, hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi! OH, look at you! I love your cookie decorating. You're doing a fantastic job with that icing! I don't know if I could do this.
They look good too. What a great gift. You're amazing.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Julie said...

how neat, Judi!!! they turned out perfectly! this is no easy feat! the recipients will all be cheerful at least a whole month after receiving such a beautiful and thoughtful gift!!

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...