Friday, January 27, 2012

Smiles and Sadness

Every man dies - Not every man really lives.
-William Ross Wallace-

I was saddened last night to hear that a friend had taken his life yesterday.  How easy it is to miss what turmoil or anxiety or sadness or...could be in the lives of people we know and...we didn't even know.  Friends he was with the night before never suspected anything was wrong.

It makes me sad to think that perhaps if he had shared his true feelings then perhaps he wouldn’t have approached that moment.

Something to think about even in just passing a smile to someone you pass along your way.   I know I’ve had my own spirits lifted in that way the occasional time when I’ve felt down and have been lost in my own thoughts. Just that gesture of a pleasant awareness and I know I passed it on. It helped to redirect my thoughts  Not that a smile would have been enough to stop this friend from this tragic way but one never knows what even a little smile can provide.

My thoughts are with this friend’s family and his friends.

I wish for all my dear blogging friends a happy day... Judi xoxo

Our care should not be to have lived long as to have lived enough.
-Seneca

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DH & I lost an old school chum just before Christmas to suicide. DH always says "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation."
So sorry for you loss....
Marilyn

Theresa said...

OH that is sooooo sad! I am sorry for all who loved him BUT more sorry that he felt that was the only way out! To feel that low:( That makes me MIGHTY sad! Hugs to you and prayers for all who loved him!

Nancy McCarroll said...

I was sorry to hear of your friend. We just need to keep living, loving, and be aware of others' needs, although sometimes it is just not that easy. My condolences.

Julie said...

I am so sorry, Judi. So sad to hear. Suicide is so hard to work through...always so shocking and guilt provoking. Hope everyone will have all of the support they all need over the loss. God bless you, Judi.

pchickki said...

The truth is sweetie, if someone is going to take their own life there is nothing anyone can say or do. I have had a couple of loved ones threaten to do just that but it is the silent ones that really go through with it.

So sad and such a loss. You just never know what is in the hearts of some people. All we can do is love them show them we love them and pray for them.
I am so sorry about your friend. You have my deepest sympathy.

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...