Monday, December 5, 2011

Holly.. Berries...Friendships...

This weekend was my last trip to Rockledge Cottage in N.Y. for the season…reason? Freezin’. *g*. But it wasn’t freezing and nor was there snow. It has been such a good fall…may it last throughout the winter!!

Marc and I went to our friends’ annual Christmas Party. It was wonderful to see almost 70 people together for a lovely evening. Everyone brought in something delicious to pass and the eggnog was homemade and yum. Their traditional 12’ tall fresh tree was decked between the diningroom and kitchen in all its beauty.
This tree was named “Amanda”. Each year their tree is given a name you know….
We walked over to our neighbour’s cottage next door to say our seasonal goodbye. On our concrete steps was a lovely treasure from them. Georgia had cut sprigs of holly with its lovely red berries from their garden and tied them together with beautiful ribbon. Just beautiful in Georgia’s delicate and whimsical style when one least expects it.  I have it hanging from a mirror.

I gave Georgia one of my handmade soaps.  We promised to keep in touch by email and share our crafty ideas, recipes and just hellos.

I hope you have special neighbours also…. Judi xoxo

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Warm precious moments ...
Have a great week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

PS Pop over for our GIVEAWAY

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi! Glad you've had so much fun at your cottage and I'm sure your friends will miss you! Amanda is quite the shining star! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Theresa said...

What a sweet evening spent with friends! I love the tree and 70 people? WOW! I know that was loads of fun!

Enjoy your day my friend! Spring will be here before you know it and you'll be back at the cottage:) HUGS!

Unknown said...

I love seeing different Christmas Trees! Your friends 12 foot must have been a beautiful site! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I'm so glad you introduced yourself earlier. I'm glad you liked my Countdown to Christmas! I think you still have time! :) Kids aren't prone to turn down candy {no matter when you start}! I'm your newest follower and am so excited to continue being inspired by you Judi!

Your Newest Bloggy Friend,
Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Julie said...

Nice party...naming the tree sounds fun! I have all wonderful neighbors. Xoxo julie

pchickki said...

What a lovely party. Looks like you had a really good time :)
Hugs to you

Nancy McCarroll said...

How funny...Amanda...

Looked like a fun time. Enjoy your weekend!
Nancy

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...