Sunday, October 30, 2011

Red Brick Dresser Unveiled....

A couple of years ago while thrifting I picked up this dresser.  I've had it all over the house including here in my bedroom.  It has a missing drawer but I've had a thin sheet of wood on it and it has been fine...obvious but fine.
Most recently its been in my livingroom but it wasn't looking right.  I had such a problem with its colour sitting right beside my red brick leather chair.  I LOVE the colour of my red brick chair so when I visited and saw how Julie had painted a dresser with Behr's Red Brick S-H-170 that was my next challenge.
My dresser barenekked in her tired colour....
and after 2 coats of her new flowing red brickness.....
She sits so pretty in the same shade as my favourite red brick chair....
Here is another pic with Abby on the sofa.  I feel much more comfortable with the flow of colour in my livingroom.  After painting the  wood sheet inserted in the missing drawer it now looks like it was meant to be that way. Visit Julie at Julie-Inspiredbyyou and see where my inspiration came from.  I have yet to decide whether I'll add the Espresso Bean glaze to finish it off as she did.  I love it...and I may do it.   Judi xoxo

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh Judi, I love it! It looks so pretty and a perfect match for the chair! Great job... love it that you painted inside the open drawer:) I have so much painting I want to do:) wanna help? Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Julie said...

What a fresh and pretty room, Judi! I love how it is so bright and cheery! The new color on your dresser is so fine!!! It looks like it was meant to be just the way it is...so gorgeous! You done good!!! :)

Neabear said...

That looks great and I love how it adds to the room! You did a great job on it too!

~Linnea

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi! Oh, this bookshelf turned out beautifully! You're so good and the color is just perfect with your pretty chair! The open drawer spot looks good to poke things into!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Janet said...

I think your dresser turned out beautifully! I really like the color, too!
Blessings,
Janet

Inspired by you said...

Judi, thanks for the mention. Your dresser turned out great. The color looks so good next to the chair!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Judi,
What a great makeover! The missing drawer looks like it was always meant to be this way and makes it a more unique piece.
Bella

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...