Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Confetti Zuchini Relish

Whenever I eat a hot dog  or a hamburger I add mustard, relish, ketchup, onion, pickle and tomato!   Then it is so perfect for me. 

And I adore different types of pickles and relishes.  One such relish I made again recently is a Confetti Zucchini Relish.  It is easy, doesn't take a lot ingredients so its not expensive AND its ready to enjoy the next day. The recipe is below.

I chopped up the onions and zucchini
added the required amount of salt, stirred it well and covered it up until the next day.  The salt draws out a lot of moisture from the zucchini so you have really rinse it the next day.  Then I proceeded with the recipe cooking it with the remaining ingredients.  **I added hot pepper flakes to each jar.**

Finally into the clean, hot jars and processed for 10 minutes.  The recipe made 8 jars.
If you are like me and love your relish you need to give this recipe a try.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Have a great rest of the evening.... Judi xoxo

5 comments:

Nancy McCarroll said...

It sounds delish. We had fried pickles with bar b que in the DFW air port yesterday, but one bite was enough. Hehe

pchickki said...

Judi this is a really good idea
My neighbor keeps bringing me zucchini and I am out of ideas of what to do with it. Thanks for this one!
Hugs

SmilingSally said...

It sounds yummy, Judi.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Judi,
Oh boy , that sounds good . They might still have zucchni at our local fruit stand . I will have to check . Thanks for stopping by !

Julie said...

Where do you get all your energy, Judi??? This relish looks fabulosa! I just can't find energy for anything anymore. I want to start thinking about the cool season garden here, but get tired just thinking about it. I must find a way to get back on track with my interests. I would love to try this recipe...but I have never canned either...well...always have time to learn a new trick or two...maybe on a day off, eh??? :)
Thanks for showing!
xoxo- Julie

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...