Thursday, November 4, 2010

Grandchildren - Out of the Mouths of Babes

Grandchildren add such wonderful moments to our lives don't they? Especially those wee little grandchildren with their innocence. Well it appears we add some wonder to their lives too and hence I wanted to share the follow tidbits that were in something forwarded to me. I've added some pictures of my own.
Madeline's 6th birthday
1. She was in the bathroom putting on her makeup, under the watchful eyes of her young granddaughter, as she'd done many times before. After applying her lipstick and starting to leave the little one said, "But Gramma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!". I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good bye.

2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. he asked me how old I was, and I told him, 62. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

Austin getting ready to blow out candles with Geoff.

3. A grandmother was telliing her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pod. I had a swing made from a tire, it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods". The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!".

4. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!".

Jack is loving his new baby brother Reed.

I hope this post has put a smile on your face as it did to mine... Judi xoxo

3 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Cute post! Your grandchildren are so cute!

Theresa said...

It sure gave me a giggle! My oldest Granddaughter is 15 today... makes me feel old:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Julie said...

How sweet these babies are!!! Don't they say the grandest things??? Just adorable! You are really, truely blessed!
xoxo- Julie

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...