Monday, May 31, 2010

Cottage Colourful Plantings

We had a beautiful and productive Memorial Day weekend. Although the weather was almost 90F in town by the lake it was a breezy mid 70s. Just perfect for gardening and getting things done.

I planted the wheelbarrow with colourful plants and flowers yesterday. I added some herbs to the herb planter and put that into the wheelbarrow. We can see it when we have our meals overlooking the lake. There were many boats on the lake this weekend. Perfect weather.


The window box on the shop that I planted last weekend is looking fuller already.



I also planted beef steak and cherry tomatoes. I'll take pictures next weekend.

Have a great rest of the day... Judi xoxo

8 comments:

Karen said...

Your flowers are wonderful. Love that window box!
Glad you've had a good weekend.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Darlene said...

Hi Judi,

Your lake view is gorgeous! LOVE the wheelbarrow and the window box full of flowers. Glad you had a wonderful weekend. It was a hot 90 degrees here too.

Julie said...

You put an American Flag in your box! How sweet! I love the look of the Canadian flag so much! I think of maple candies, or maple Dare cookies when I see it! LOLOL!

Your flowers look gorgeous! What a view from your cottage!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi! Oh, I just the view from your lake house! The flowers in the wheelbarrow look so pretty! Love your window box and you got lots done, didn't you? Love your new header too.
Take care and be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lorrie said...

Hi Judi--what a fabulous view of the lake. The wheelbarrow planter is just perfect in the yard. I can just feel the breeze blowing now...ahh! What a great place to vacation and spend your summer weekends.

Theresa said...

Looks heavenly out there Judi! I love the wheelbarrow filled with beauties and the flower boxes are gorgeous! Enjoy your day my friend! HUGS!

Lori E said...

Hello fellow Canadian blogger. Our west coast weather is not very nice right now and my peppers and tomatoes are shivering in their boots.
I am sure they are getting enough water though. Maybe you could share a little bit of that sun with us.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love that charming wheelbarrow filled with flowers and the window boxes too!
Very lovely indeed!
Cindy

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...