Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Quilt for Madeline

I had recently started to finish a quilt from years ago. I've put it aside again because I had another idea that took me to Fabricland on Sunday. I wanted to make a little quilt for Madeline....something sweet that she can snuggle with on a cold evening or when she's having a little nap.










Madeline loves pinks and purples and I adored this fabric which I'll use as the focal point. It has flowers in pretty colours and butterflies too.
I had no trouble finding pretty fabrics to go with all these lovely colours. In fact I chose 9 different fabrics and some even have butterflies.....
I cut and sewed together 4 large blocks using one each of the 9 different fabric squares.
I'm putting a square of the focal fabric in the middle of the quilt and using 4 ivory squares as well. I will applique and sew something simple on the 4 ivory squares. Hopefully my idea works and then I can share those squares with you later in the week.
I am going to choose a couple of other fabrics for the edges and in between to join the squares. That will mean another trip to Fabricland. How I wish we were having a snow day tomorrow..... :o) but we're not having any snow. I'll have to be patient and wait to work on this after work.

I hope you get to do what you want to tomorrow.... Judi xoxo

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh Judi, yet ANOTHER beautiful quilt creation! I love the focal pattern and the others that you chose to coordinate with it! Enjoy your day my friend, I will be cleaning, where does all of this dust come from? HUGS!

Kim's Treasures said...

It's beautiful! Love the pretty colors! She will love it!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Those are just lovely fabrics, and the way you've assembled them is so nice. I'm sure your grand daughter will treasure that quilt for years!

Julie said...

How pretty! Fabricland sounds so interesting...is it a really great place??? I will look it up online. The weather here is fantastic...your Mom should be in heaven right now!!! Hope she is having fun!

Libby said...

That main fabric is GORGEOUS!! That is going to be a darling quilt!! Perfect for a darling girl!!
Have fun fabric shopping! It's the best, isn't it!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Judi
Thanks for visiting, not sure if we've connected before or not.
Love the material for the quilt but then I'm partial to pink and lavender anyway.
Do you think spring will ever come? I am so missing my gardens and know that Canada Blooms will at least give me a quick fix.
Judith

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...