Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Hallowe'en

Boooooooo at the lake today its drizzling .... boooooo. It feels like one of those Hallowe'ens I remember as a child or when taking my own children out trick or treating. One never knows this day what the weather will be like. Sometimes its windy and snowy and sometimes its just warm. Hopefully it'll stop and dry up a little bit for the trick or treaters.

We're going to a Hallowe'en party tonight. I wanted to dress up but its not a dress up so we aren't doing it either. :o( We're making Grandma Brown's Corn Chowder to pass and I'll share the recipe with you when we're done. The fall brings about so many comforting yummy foods.

Have a good day and evening and Happy Hallowe'en...boooooooooo Love Judi xoxo

8 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh shoot! I love a "dress-up" party. It's always so much fun to be somebody else for a night, but I bet you'll have fun anyway. Happy Halloween! laurie

Suzann said...

Have fun at your party.
I always make a pot of chili and a sloppy joes on Halloween for all those hungry guests that come by. Today it will be extra appreciated as it is quite cold and a bit windy here.
Happy Halloween to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi! I've missed you! Have fun at your party tonight! Your corn chowder sounds great. I make it, but love to see your recipe! Wrap up and don't get too cold. It's a beautiful day here on the island - sunshine and about 76'!
Be a sweetie and Happy Halloween,
Shelia ;)

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Judi; Sounds like a fun time tonight.... too bad no one is dressing up... that is the fun part,, second is all the food...lol When I was young the weather never stopped me from going out,,,, have a great time..

Hugs;
Alaura

Julie said...

Hope your party was a lot of fun! I trick or treated with the grands, and then my husband and I went to a friends for dinner and some wine! It was a wonderful day!
Happy Halloween!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

HOpe your weather improved, Judi. We've had an unseasonably hot October. There were parents with shorts on taking their kids around. Now, that is HOT.

XO,

Sheila :-)

pchickki said...

OH how I love corn chowder!
I will be right over!
Hugs
Patti

Darlene said...

Hope you had fun at the Halloween party! Also, hopefully your weather cooperated! Ours has been BEAUTIFUL!!!

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...