Sunday, May 17, 2009

Do you like fish...and the weather...

First of all I hope everyone had a great weekend. I hope you had nice, warm sunny weather? Our weather wasn't so great for a long weekend. It didn't get higher than 60 and today it was in the 50s and breezy. BUT tonight we're in for a frost warning??? Can you imagine? Its going to be 0F. I sure hope everyone camping this weekend has an extra blanket with them..brrrrrrr. As the week goes along its going up to almost 80F. Now thats a big difference.
++++++++++++++++
We've been enjoying fish about once a week. We've tried frozen talepia a number of times and its very delicious. Each fish fillet is packages separately so its easy to cook just what you want. Its a very mild fish. We bake it in the oven with a little bit of pineapple teriyaki sauce over it, or we've also discovered Orange Ginger Dipping Sauce. I use that sauce over chicken and pork chops but its very good on fish as well. We put on just a little bit and we can't get over how delicious it is.

Last night we prepared fresh red snapper, scallops and shrimps. It was a nice dinner served with rice and green beans. Unfortunately I had already started eating when I remembered I might like a picture. Isn't it bad when you can't do anything without panicking for the camera???



We fried the scallops and shrimps we fried in just a weeeee bit of butter and added some of the orange ginger sauce. We cooked them about 4 minutes each side and thats its.


We tried a new recipe for the red snapper. For the 2 of us we halved the following sauce recipe and it was perfect for the one large piece of red snapper we shared. Because we had the other seafood we knew that was all we needed.


Red Snapper Parmesan
2 lbs. red snapper (we used one large snapper which we shared along with other seafood)

1 c. sour cream

1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese1 tbsp. lemon juice

1 tbsp. grated onion

1/2 tsp. salt

Dash hot pepper sauce

Paprika

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

We greased a baking dish and placed the fish on it. Combine other ingredients except paprika and spread over the fish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened somewhat and slightly coloured.

Makes 6 servings.



Do you like fish...what is your favourite? Do you have a favourite fish recipe?

13 comments:

Lorrie said...

Hi Judi, we've had a very nice weekend celebrating my son's 25th birthday--it' so hard for me to believe he can be that old! It's been cold and rainy all day today--yuck.

We have recently been having salmon at our house every week baked in the oven in herb butter. It's delicious!

Faye said...

Judi,this looks so good.Thank-u for sharing.It has been cold and rainy.Please keep me in your prayers.I go back to the doctor Wed.I am scared but i am trying to keep my eyes on the Lord! Have a great evening, Blessings, Faye

Judy said...

Thanks for the good ideas for cooking fish. I love fish...but not the smell of cooking it...so I tend to order it when we eat out.

Thanks for stopping by 'My Front Porch'.

Julie said...

Great fish dinner and recipe, Judi! Looks so yummy, I would like to have some now for breakfast! :)

My favorite fish is SNOOK! It has a little fat in it, and the flavor and texture is devine!!! My brother is able to fish for it here during it's season, and we have a restuarant where they grill farm raised snook on an oak plank...not as good as fresh, but still very good! If you can get it there, give it a try...it is devine!

Darlene said...

We don't tend to eat much fish but I was just commenting to my hubby that we need to start grilling it during the summer. Yours sounds really good! Since Lexi's dance recital is through, I can finally start slowing down. We also are supposed to have about 6 days of beautiful, sunny weather....YAY after all the rain we have had!!

Bo said...

Hi Judi...I'm back from my bloggy break...well, I've never been a fish eater, but your reviews make me want to consider it. Nice to visit you again, ;-) Bo

Tootsie said...

I don't like fish...but that does LOOK nice! I like a tuna sandwich here and there...but that's as far as I go!

Tootsie said...

oh...and it is snowing like a B---h
here! almost a foot right now!

pchickki said...

Oh thanks for visiting my blog Judi. It is so nice to have a new friend. Your little Abby is so beautiful!

Judi you can check out Etsy Teams in Canada. Just open Etsy, go to Community at the top of the home page and then click on "Teams" and then click on "Profiles" and you will see the all the teams in Canada. Click on "Canada" and see where the closest team is or start one of your own in your area. All teams are set up in individual local areas. I was contacted by someone here in my small community asking if I would be interested in starting a team and that is how it happened for me. It is great to meet new people and now we have 12 members right here in Coos Bay.
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Hugs
Patti

pchickki said...

Thanks for the fish recipe. My husband fishes all the time and I really don't know how to cook fish. He catches mostly salmon but I will certainly keep this recipe handy.

Hugs
Patti

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

We enjoy fish, and I usually do the frozen Talepia once a week. Your snapper recipe sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing it. laurie

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon, happy belated pink Saturday and blue Monday. Still making my rounds from Beverly's list and Sally's too.

What an interesting place you have here. Yum, your food sounds and looks delicious! I loved reading about your kitty, sons and so on.

Today I began by planting some pole bean, cosmos, nasturtium, and lavender seeds, upgrading my DeStash site, and tomorrow will continue to edit my Faerie Tales, and on and on it goes. Yep, I do love to be productive. Talk to you soon, Have a great week,

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love all seafood. I posted my favorite salmon recipe here:

http://lavenderhillstudio.blogspot.com/2007/10/asian-baked-salmon-wrapped-in-parchment.html

Your dinner sounds wonderful

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...