Saturday, August 7, 2010

Back To the Cottage from Miami Beach - South Beach..

The trip to Miami Beach was wonderful! Fun and relaxing. The flights were great....

We stayed in South Beach on Washington Street....
and oh my how hot it was! I can't imagine all you blogging friends who live in these high temperatures with so much humidity. No wonder you enjoy your indoors time during those periods, or your pool or the beach!
The first evening we walked a few blocks in the heat to Ocean Drive where we enjoyed our dinner outdoors. Then we waited and stayed to talk with a business associate for a while before walking back towards the hotel. We stopped to wait for another business couple who were looking for Marc. After chatting with them for a while ..oh my I was drenched! Not very lady like thats for certain...whew! I could not wait for a very cool shower. After that we were happy to enjoy our meals indoors in air conditioning......

but it was good to cool off at the beach. This picture was earlier in the morning and the sun didn't seem to be shining this exact minute....

but my little feeties loved the feel of the soft sand and WARM waters....

and I also was able to cool off on the roof of our hotel where the pool was located. It was beautiful up there and the water although not cool was very refreshing....my little feeties were loving this again....

Except for the first day Marc had to leave each day for a few hours to work but I entertained myself very nicely as you can tell.
Here we are up at the pool enjoying something refreshing to drink.



I hope everyone has been well. I missed everyone and wondered what you have all been up to! I have lots of reading to catch up on and that will be fun. I will be going home from the cottage tomorrow and back to work on Monday morning ending this 3-week vacation.
I still have to share more about the trip this week AND who I met!....

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend... Judi xoxo

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow Judi, It looks like you had an awesome time at the beach! I have traveled with my husband on business trips when he worked! I had no problem entertaining myself:) Shopping keeps me busy! Have a blessed rest of the weekend! HUGS!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looks like you had a great time at the beach...yes...we do like inside during these super hot temps!

Blessings,
Linda

pchickki said...

Looks like a fun relaxing time
Welcome home Judi
Hugs

Julie said...

I had to laugh with you talking about hte heat and humidity! Isn't it just awesful??? Mostly I hate to open my front door at any time of day, when it rushes right into your face! LOL.

Your hotel was very nice, right on the water! Did you get some fun shopping in there in South Beach??? I'm just sure you will be showing us some shopping pics coming up!!! He eeeeeheeee.

xoxo- Julie

Bunny said...

Sure looks like you had a great time. Always fun to be away for a while. Enjoy the cottage.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi! You've been having a ball, haven't you? We love South Beach and have been there quite a few times! Sorry about the high temps and humidity. It's like that here where I live. I stay inside mostly during the hot time.
You look so cute out there by the pool.
I can't imagine a 3 weeks vacation! You lucky gal you! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I'm jealous...I want to put my tootsie in the ocean waters.
Glad you had some R&R!!
Warmly,
deb :)

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...