Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pickled Eggs and Peppers

Do you like pickled eggs? Don't know? I didn't know because I had never eaten any. I didn't want to.









Marc and I love pickles and pickled veggies. When we finished up a jar of kosher baby dill pickles we had all this nice pickle juice left over and we got an idea. We mixed it with some pickled vegetable medley juice left over from another jar.
We boiled 2 eggs.












Picked some green peppers and a hot pepper from the garden.












Cut them into long slices and boiled them for a few minutes just to soften them a bit.


Then we put the eggs into the jar added the hot pickle juice and the pickles.












We put them in the fridge for a week so that all the flavours could blend and love each other..*s*.. and voila. The peppers were now pickled and so nice and crispy. The eggs? They were just fine and slightly pickled. We wished we'd pickled more!






6 comments:

Darlene said...

I've never tried them. Sounds like you found a new recipe!

SmilingSally said...

Try French style green beans, drained and placed into sweet pickle juice. Yum!

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks for explaining how to pickle eggs. I will have to try that as my husband loves all things pickled unlike me!
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
x

Becky K. said...

That is an interesting idea. Isn't it fun to try new things?

Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

Becky K.

jeanne said...

Hi Judi, your pickled everything sounds good. I bet the eggs were yummy. My BIL like pickled eggs and he buys them in a jar. I have never tasted them. I probably would like them as there isn't much I don't like.

I once tasted poi in Hawaii and it was so awful I spit it out. How gross of me. However, I couldn't swallow it. The Hawaiians love it.

Thanks for your visit Judi.

Hugs, Jeanne

Julie said...

You guys are wild and crazy!!! WOW! It is funny you told me this, because while we have been in Shreveport, I discovered that they carried MANY MORE pickled vewgies in jars than what we have. We love pickled okra. Well, leave it to me to find pickled brussel sprouts! I love BS's! They were so strong and garlicky...almost inedible! I wonder now, if you guys would love them! We left the rest in the jar in David's Mom's refrig for another family member to discover! I wonder what they will say or if they will try some!!! LOLOL! Love your idea to pickle eggs though!!!

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...