Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Blue Monday - A Day Visiting Niagara Falls in Ontario




Thank you Sally from SmilingSally for hosting Blue Monday for us. Be sure to visit her site and all the other blue participants.

On Wednesday my mother and I drove to Niagara Falls which is about 2 hours from me at the NY and Canada border. I pass it and see a bit of it when I drive to Marc's cottage on the weekends but neither of us had been there for a long time.

This trip had a lot of BLUE sky and BLUE water! Funny how we travel to other places to look at other sites and sometimes forget to be visitors in our own city and area. This is one of the 7 Wonders and whenever friends come to visit they insist on visiting it.





You can take a "Maid of the Mist" ferry boat trip wearing BLUE raincoats which takes you in the boat right to the edge of the waterfalls.....









Can you see the teeny tiny little speck at the end of the river right in front of the falls? .... I mean the furthest away from you little speck? Well thats the Maid of the Mist ferry. It goes so close and you need to wear the BLUE raincoats because of the spray. It takes you so close and then turns around and brings you back...you hope!














This is another view. This spot has a lot of rocks and the water pounds on it. With that force its no wonder it can supply all the electricity it does.














These are the little ferry boats up closer. You can see the BLUE raincoats on the people standing at the top portion of the boat. The weather cooperated for us for once this summer. It wasn't muggy or humid and perfectly warm beside the breezy water.




























We enjoyed a lovely lunch together and had some ice tea. The waitress was kind enough to take a picture of us.


















More BLUE sky in this picture. Although I didn't take pictures of the whole Niagara Falls area it is such a busy spot. You can walk up and down Cliffton Heights (the main road) where there are wax museums, and games and food spots and ice cream and souvenir shops and rides....and lots and lots of people. This is a scary type of ride where starts from the top, sitting on that red thing you see partway down. All of a sudden it "lets loose" and come flying down along the building...FAST! Then it goes back up part way and comes back down part way and up and down until it settles at the bottom.













The flowers are just at their best....














These pictures are from one of the wax museums we passed.



























Then we drove along the river to the Floral Clock. Isn't it pretty? The hands really move and it does tell time. It also plays chimes. My mom is sitting looking at it in the picture.














We really had a lovely day together and didn't even get home until 8:40 p.m. Fun!
I guess the other BLUE for today is I'm back to work. I've been off since June 25th with the exception of sneaking into work for 4 days in July. It was all a wonderful vacation time!
I hope you have a fun day today too.... Judi xoxo

13 comments:

Faye said...

Judi,I love these pics! Such a beautiful post.Hope you have a great week! Blessings, Faye

Gee said...

Hi Judi.

Nice pictures. Wish I could be here one day. Thanks for sharing it with us. Happy blue monday.

Cindy said...

Beautiful pictures! It is such a lovely place. I'm glad you had a good time with your friend. Love your kitty too.
Cindy

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Spectacular pics, Judi. How fortunate you are to get so much vacation time and see so many places, and sweet enough to share them with us.

Darlene said...

What gorgeous pictures! I have never been to Niagara Falls so it is fun visiting through you. I bet you and your Mom had a wonderful day.♥

Anonymous said...

Morning, Judi! Oh how lovely! I have never been there and would love to go!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Judi, I absolutely love these pictures. My paternal grandparents went to Niagra Falls as part of their honeymoon tour because his mother's family had been some of the early settlers in that area. I have never been, but some day, I hope to go. I would love to go on that ferry boat in the blue raincoats under the falls!

I'm so glad you had such a lovely day. I enjoyed taking the trip with you. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Baba said...

Hi Judi, I posted about a waterfall today , but nothing as great as your trip and shots of the blue sky and waterfalls..I would like to visit there one day... thanks for sharing with us. Baba

Coloradolady said...

Love your pics. I have always wanted to go to Niagra Falls. Thanks for the tour. Have a great Blue Monday.

SmilingSally said...

For our 25th anniversary, we went to Niagra Falls. That was THE place to go when we married (in 1958). It is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Judi,
Oh wow, your photos of Niagara Falls are beautiful. Makes me wish I was there with you.
Ah, maybe one day I'll get to that side of the world to visit.
Hugs,
Anna

dana said...

I LOVED the visit to Niagara Falls!! I've always been fascinated by that spot--I hope one day to actually visit. I've seen video about The Falls and the Maid of the Mist on TV AND those blue raincoats. It all looks like a blast! What a darling photo of you and your mom!! Hope you're having a great Blue Mon. Dana

Anonymous said...

I would love to ride in the ferry and be so near at the waterfalls! :-)That is so amazing! And to visit a wax museum - they do look so real don't they? I just get to see them on tv or pictures.

Happy Blue Monday!

Li

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...