Saturday, July 4, 2009

Week at the Lake & Happy 4th of July


I can't believe my 10 days stretch at the cottage is coming to an end after today. Abby and I are packing our bags and heading home tomorrow....at least until next weekend. The weather has been quite ridiculous and not at all what is seasonal. We really did have rain just about every day and it changed by the hour. Today its only 59F at 9:00 a.m. but the sun is out. Maybe it'll warm up later. Otherwise we've had a great time visiting and entertaining and galavanting and just plain relaxing!
We're going to a 4th of July picnic down the road with friends. We're taking a Baked Brie with Fruit and Nut wrapped inside puff pastry. I'll share the recipe and pics once we've made it later today.

Our neighbours next door Bob and Georgia have a garden. They don't plant as much in it as they used to. Last year it was quite the community neighbourhood with enough tomatoes and eggplant for most of us.








This is the sign painted by a friend and in their garden.
We planted some brocolli and some yellow peppers. You can see how behind we are here with the growing of veggies compared to so many of you other bloggers.










Our cottage is on the left and Bob and Georgia's on the right.




The flowers are doing nicely though.









I planted some herbs and flowers in the wheelbarrow a couple of days ago. They will get pretty once the sun finds them....











We always hang Million Belles outside the front door. They love that spot and they are so pretty. We're trying a new colour this year. Last year they were red.
Enjoy this holiday... Love Judi xoxo

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I need to weed my plants. My front yard little patch is overgrown with irises. We have had so much rain and cool weather as well. It's very unusual for this time of year. Despite the weather, I hope you have enjoyed your vacation!

take care,
Dawn

Judi said...

Hi Marilyn - it is crazy about the amount of rain we've had!!
This was the first time I've taken Abby on a trip. I made sure I left home earlier in the day so I wouldn't get stuck in traffic making the drive longer not knowing how she'd take it.
She was in her carrier for the 3 hours in the front seat beside me and she meowwwed almost the entire way. She wasn't stressed she lay there and would look at me and just meowed in varying degrees..*lol*.

She finally settled down with the meowing 1/2 hour from the cottage and they were very quiet and few. I hope we'll have the same trip back tomorrow. I can tell she doesn't wanna leave though...she's having fun!

Nope she never goes outdoors.
Judi

Cindy said...

Judi, regarding your comment...you're going to miss all the flea markets around here. Alameda is the first Sunday of the month and I think the Sacramento one (which is on the way to Reno) is the 2nd Saturday or Sunday). If I hear of any others, I'll let you know. Have a great trip!

imjacobsmom said...

Sorry to hear about your crummy unpredictable weather, I think it's just moved our way. It's chilly here this morning, too. Your wheelbarrow looks cute, tho. Have a safe journey home. ~ Robyn

Julie said...

I love this idea of planting ina wheelbarrow! What a lovely area your cottage is in...and how fun galavanting sounds! I would love to hear the recipe for that brie...sounds like I could eat a whole one right now for breakfast...suddenly I am starving!!! LOL! I think I may go get my Mom and we will walk up the street to the cuban place for a little breakfast! See ya...

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...