Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rain Follows

I was at the cottage and it was great to see my nephew Thomas who is here just for one week from British Columbia. I hadn't seen him since he was 9 and he will be 16 in August. I do feel like a broken record because "that" weather followed us. We had rain each day and it was between overcast and cool to breaks of sunshine. VERY unusual. The summer that never came we're thinking.

The water was surprisingly warm enough to go swimming so that was nice but we didn't bother to go boating. Therefore I didn't really take pictures to share but once I get Geoff's pictures I'll tell you more.


Here then are just some wild flowers that crawled along the ground I thought were pretty.











There were many little chipmunk guys too...






It is a lovely sunny morning at home today and I'm still finishing off my 2nd week of vacation. Tomorrow I'll be back at the cottage in New York State. The weather forecast is showing the "R" word again for the weekend. Crazy eh? Maybe that will change.


Hope wherever you are you are getting the weather you're loving... Judi xoxo

4 comments:

Darlene said...

It is crazy that Marilyn is only about an hour away from me and she is getting rain and we AREN't!! We need it desperately!! You can send some of it our way if you would like.

That must have been so much fun to visit with your nephew that you had not seen in so long.

Those little chipmunks are just too cute!

Amelia said...

We are also suffering from the rainy day syndrome here...it's been almost a whole week now....yuck! Hope it gets better there soon!

SmilingSally said...

Now see what happens when you beg for rain?

Neabear said...

You can send some of that R stuff over here. Although I don't think the vineyard owners will like it though. Oh well....

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...