Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

I want to show you a delicious Fresh Corn Salsa I like to make in honour of Cinco De Mayo (though I continue the honour throughout the year when it calls). You can use fresh corn or canned corn. Two ears of corn will equal the cup for the recipe. It is such a fresh tasting salsa perfect served with Nacho Scoops or crackers (rice crackers work well). What we also enjoy is adding a couple of heaping tablespoons over our fresh salad to which we've already added a dressing.















Fresh Kernal Corn Salsa

4 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
1 cup corn (drain)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilentro
1 jalopeano pepper sliced very thinly (adjust to suit taste)
1/4 cup Italian dressing

Mix all the veggies together and add the Italian Dressing. Serve in a pretty bowl with the dippers around it. Enjoy....


Have a lovely day.... Judi xoxo

3 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Sounds delicious, and I love your server for it! Perfect for today! laurie

Anonymous said...

Evening, Judi! Oh, this looks so good. I'll have to make this! Would you please pass the chips! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

dana said...

Hmmmmm-that sounds/looks yummy! Dana

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...