Saturday, May 23, 2009

English Roses China Teapot Lamp




Its PINK Saturday and Beverly from HowSweettheSound is hosting us again. Visit her site to see allllll the other PINKness participants. Don't forget to leave them a message so they know you've been visiting and enjoy...


I finished it!!
A couple of weeks ago I showed you my roses teapot (minus lid), PINK and yellow roses sugar bowl from last summer and pretty roses in PINK and yellow cup and saucer.
They are all fine English china and oh so pretty. I told you I was going to make something and I did! Its no a pretty English Roses China Teapot Lamp. I drilled and screwed and glued. It stands almost 20" tall and today I topped it with a white shade.



I actually had to purchase a 5 shades in 3 separate trips before finding the right size and style. The china is so pretty and feminine. It will most likely make its way into my Etsy shop next week.


I'm on vacation yipppeeee for a week now and we'll be spending time with friends. I also plan on some thrifting in new areas.

I hope to find some pretty workable plates and more prettyness for another lamp. I'll be peeping in during my travels here and there...

I hope my American friends have a nice Memorial Day weekend.... Judi xoxo

23 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

imjacobsmom said...

Judi, Your lampshade selection was "spot" on! You've done a wonderful job creating that lamp - what a cute idea! Have a fun time this weekend! ~ Robyn

Joyce said...

I want one!
Joyce

CottageBliss said...

How sweet! LOVE it! I know you enjoy having it and knowing it is one of a kind.
You should make them to sell, I'm sure other Pinkies would love them.

Happy Pink Saturday,
Melissa

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh Judi,
How pretty your lamp is! You did a wonderful job! I love the little birdhouse in your banner too. Happy Pink Saturday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Neabear said...

I love that lamp!! It is so pretty! You did a great job on it.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Well, isn't that just the most clever idea! Very cute.

Happy Pink Saturday blessings,
Spencer

Tara said...

What a creative and beautiful idea for a lamp. It looks great! Happy Pink day and have a terrific holiday weekend.

♥Mimi♥ said...

What a l♥vely Pink Saturday blog entry. This is the one day of the week when I get to sit for a couple of hours and soak in my favorite color. Thanks for being a part of that day☺

I adore that lamp. Hmmm, I'm thinking I need to make one of those for me!

Wishing you and yours a wonderful family weekend. I will be remembering my father who served in WWII, and praying for all of our military who are in harms' way.

Claudia said...

Very sweet! Happy Pink Saturday!

Judy said...

What a cool lamp. I love the shade you selected for it. I absolutely love it. And yes, Judy, Judy Judy is heard often!!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That lamp is so pretty and kind of inspiring. I may have to find some pretty china around here and make one too. Great job!

Judy said...

Hi again Judi, I forgot to tell you I found some Orange Ginger sauce. I haven't tried it yet but I roasted some chicken breasts with the Pineapple Teriyaki and they were to die for. So easy and yummy. Thank you so much for your offer. It was so kind and sweet of you.

bj said...

What a charming lamp. Very pretty...

vickie said...

How pretty! Happy Pink Saturday, have a great vacation!

Char said...

oh my gosh, I remember seeing that in the making. What a great job, it is so pretty, great work, happy pink saturday, Char

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Judi, that is so pretty. You are just so creative. laurie

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Judi, what a cute idea for a lamp. I love it!! So feminine too :)

Blessings,

Sher

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just Beautiful Judi...love it...May you have a wonderful Memorial day weekend my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Anonymous said...

Oh, Judi! This is beautiful! How creative you are and I love what you've done! Do you think I could do something like this? Oh, I don't know if I could drill holes into the china without breaking the dishes!
Hope you enjoy your time off!
You've changed your header too! I love it!
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

CC said...

You lamp is beautiful..I love it. It's so delicate and fragile looking.
Happy late Pink Saturday..enjoy the last part of your trip.

pchickki said...

What divine piece of art.
'Thanks for sharing.
God Bless You
Patti

ReneƩ's Reproductions said...

what a beautiful lamp! love it!

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...