Sunday, April 19, 2009

BLUE Monday...a present to accomplish work!








Its BLUE Monday again. Sally from SmilingSally is hosting it and be sure to click and go to her site to see all the other BLUE participants. Don't forget to leave a comment so everyone will know you've been there!

Today I'm sharing a little story about my borrowing my eldest son Geoff's drill whenever I make the Teapot Party Garden Bird Feeders, other crafts or for whatever. Poor boy has to borrow it back from me when he needs it and I always ask tell him I'll hold on to it for him when he's done. That way I can use it whenever a new idea comes up.
Anyway I took my mom to the eye doctor's on Thursday and he text messaged me "Home yet? Shopping". I reminded him where I was and asked "Why". He said he'd left me a surprise.











Look at the surprise! My very own BLUE drill with all the bits and screwdriver pieces! I felt really badly that he'd done that for me. It had never occurred to me that I should maybe buy my own. He seemed to be so happy about doing that for me and insisted it was a good deal. So now I'm the proud owner of a lovely drill. Up until the past year or so I had never used a drill in my life! Acually I think they should make a Pink drill for ladies.
So what was my project this time? I reupholstered my diningroom chairs and I needed to use the reversible screwdriver part of it to remove screws. This is one of the chairs before.












....and this is the seat now.

Remember I made new drapes a couple of weeks ago? This is a coordinating fabric. I have enough to make a runner as well. See the BLUE stripes in it? It really looks pretty and fresh in person.




Its nice to have that project completed. Now drill in hand and looking around. What's next??

Have a lovely BLUE Monday.... Judi xoxo

10 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a great gift! You've already put it to good use, and I look forward to seeing all of your future uses for it. Your chairs turned out so pretty. laurie

Julie said...

Great looking chairs with that new blue drill!!! You always do such beautiful things with fabric!!! Great job!!!

Lorrie said...

Judi your chairs look super. I know you'll get lots of use from your nice blue drill. I have to confess that I crack up every time I look at your header photo--it just tickles my funny bone.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Good for you!! I use my husband's drill all the time. He just gave up. As long as I always return it when I'm finished to the garage work bench. . . he's ok with it :)

Blessings,

Sher

Kim's Treasures said...

Very nice! I need to redo my chairs asap!

Darlene said...

WOOHOO your own drill!!!!! Love your new chair fabric....you did a GREAT job!

I am with Lorrie....I definitely LOVE the header. Abby WANTS that birdie!!!

Linda said...

Your chairs look beautiful! That's a job I need to tackle soon too. Just have to find the right fabric first.

How nice to have your own drill. I recently bought myself a saw, yep, a saw. Who knew!

SmilingSally said...

You are a fortunate lady to have a guy like that.

Your chairs look so much better.

BTW: You forgot to link in. Come quick!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Welcome to owning your own drill! I like having my own tools, that way I always know where to find them (unlike dh's, but I digress....)

Love the fabric on your chairs-it looks so springy. I'm going to be reupholstering chairs for the first time in the near future and found a tutorial on howdini on how to do it☺

Neabear said...

How fun to get a surprise from your son!! Now you don't have to borrow his anymore. I am catching up on your blog today.

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...